We inspire and support people who may have experienced or be experiencing low self-confidence and body image issues. We help participants by harnessing personal change, taking control of both their physical and mental health through a celebration of the human body.
Project DARE! is a not-for-profit social enterprise. It has been designed BY service users, FOR service users. We work with commissioners within the mental health, public health and education sectors to support people as an early intervention and preventative measure to low confidence, low self-esteem and body image issues. We do this to create community value – making a positive social impact is our central purpose.
Our clients are able to use their personal budgets or other types of funding to pay for their place on the course. We accept people refered by GP’s, by charities and also self-referring individuals who are not recieving support from their local health authorities.
Healthcare Professionals can either:
- Book a full course for up to 15 people solely for referring your clients/team… OR
- Refer individual clients onto our courses that run throughout the year.
100% of our clients have transitioned from ‘below average’ body image and wellbeing scales to ‘average’ levels. Take a look at our Social Impact Report to see our results.
To Book, choose from 3 steps…
2. Contact us for more information, with courses running in the following locations…
3. Or try one of our taster sessions, get in touch to find the one closest to you…
We look forward to hearing from you! #DaringKISS
Cost £420 You can pay a non-refundable deposit of 10% (£42) to secure your place on either course, with the total amount due 2 weeks prior to your course start date. You choose:
Yes, please secure my place on the Project Dare Sessions for a non-refundable £42
Yes, I’d like to book on the Project Dare Sessions £420
I’d like to pay my outstanding balance £378
|Select Payment Option|
Project DARE! Body Adoration is often lucky enough to recieve funding to enable people to take the course who wouldn’t otherwise be able too. Hence, there may be limited funded places available on each block of sessions. If you think you might be eligible for a funded place please contact Ursula Joy 0750753929 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loy. Darer (course participant)
“I wake up in the morning, before (the Dare Workshop) I feel really down & think of depressing thoughts. But since I came to the workshop I’ve been using the cards and I give myself an 8 and when I focus on the number 8 it lets my day go more easier, more happy, I feel more confident” Loy, Darer
Passion, Energy and Creativity… Do these three words describe you? Does your enthusiasm rub off on everyone you meet?
Project DARE! takes on part-time volunteers to assist with the running of the creative and drama based self-esteem & body confidence sessions. The volunteer posts are open to adults of all ages 16years plus and are usually offered to those who have already completed the course. We particularly encourage service users or young people between 16 and 25years who have a passion for the theatre and mental health.
- Interest and knowledge in the subject matter – Body image, self esteem & self-compassion.
- Genuine desire to inform and educate with the drive to personally research when required.
- Exceptional confidence and ability to communicate clearly and concisely with people from different back-grounds
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’
- Smiley, Positive, Motivating, Calm, Rational and hard-working.
- Super reliable and able to travel across London (The work place changes, volunteers & muskateers will have travel costs covered).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a drama workshop related role. Facilitation skills and basic dance knowledge desirable but not essential. Training on the job and positive encouragement will be given on a daily basis.
If you think this is you, please get in touch with a CV and cover letter to Email Link
- Muskateers are volunteers that have done a great job. The volunteer post is turned into a paid post and there are more opportunities to get stuck into some of the behind the scenes stuff including digital media and helping us with promotion and our campaigns. All the skills detailed in the volunteer post above are required, plus you will have shown a commitment to Project DARE! and will already be feeling at home with the team, helping us every day put our vision into practice.
- A ‘Screamer’ is a paid assistant, who’s primary role is to support the Dare Devil in the smooth running of the sessions, to keep the group focussed and on task and having the best time possible! To find out more, drop us a line!
- The Daredevil is the leader of the sessions and the smooth running of the Project and each participants experience of their time within the sessions is solely their responsibility. This person must be a natural leader, have an energy that is contagious, be effortlessly lovely, encouraging but also in charge. Drop us a line to find out more!